Standard Visitor Visa
Most of the people apply for Standard Visitor visa to visit United Kingdom and to meet their friends, family members, relatives, historical places and to fulfil other needs. Under this visa category anyone can apply and visit UK on holidays or other circumstances if they meet conditions and will stay up to 6 months in the United Kingdom.
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Academic Visitor visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
If you wish to come to the UK under this category, you should be able to satisfy the requirements below:
- You are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by you, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months in the case of a person seeking entry to accompany an academic visitor (as their child, spouse or partner), provided in the latter case the visitor accompanying the academic visitor has entry clearance;
- Intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by you; and does not intend to live for extended periods in the United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits;
- Will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents adequately out of resources available to him/her without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependents, be maintained and/or accommodated adequately by relatives or friends who can demonstrate they are able and intend to do so, and are legally present in the United Kingdom, or will be at the time of their visit;
- Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
What you can and can’t do
- take part in any of the business-related activities mentioned in the Visitor Rules
- study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit
- take part in an exchange programme or educational visit (if you’re under 18)
- convert your civil partnership into a marriage
- do paid or unpaid work
- live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
- get public funds
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
If you are uncertain whether your purpose for coming to the UK is covered by a “Standard Visitor” category, please contact us on 02033711033 or email us at: email@example.com.
Duration of a visit visa
Once granted a visit visa, you will be normally allowed to stay for up to 6 months
(in most cases). However, you might be granted a shorter time. The exact length of your permission to enter will be stamped in your passport.
If you frequently visit the United Kingdom, you (visa national) can apply for a multiple-entry visitor visa
that is valid for 2, 5 or 10 years. Generally, there is no restriction on the number of visits you may make to the UK nor is there any requirement that a specified time must elapse between each visits. However, Entry Clearance Officers may consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in the UK.
How we can help you?
- Our team has vast knowledge and experience with UK visitor visa and ready to help you.
- We will draft all the necessary document and ensure you can have peace of mind.
- We have excellent links with Home Office policy and can assist with very complex queries.
- Our diverse team offers support with a personal touch. We know every case is different and promise to treat you like an individual, not a number.
We have helped many private clients to obtain this immigration permission and we understand the pressures you are under. Contact us for an initial consultation and our specialist team will discuss with you – call us on 020 337 11033 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.