Sponsor Licence application

Sponsor Licence application

If you want to fill non-EEA national for your vacant post, you need to have a sponsor license. A sponsor licence is permission granted by the Home Office to directly hire non-EEA nationals for skilled employment in the UK. The UK based employer must first of all make a successful application for sponsorship licence to make an offer of employment to a non EU national requiring a Tier 2 visa.

In order to obtain a licence, a prospective sponsor must apply for the licence and submit specified documents to the UKVI. Then the UKVI will carry out the necessary checks, such as investigating the sponsor’s or Key Personnel’s history or conducting an immigration audit.

If there is a threat to immigration control then the application for the licence can be refused.

Imin4U have assisted many businesses in the UK to expedite the sponsor licence process, and to achieve and maintain an A-rated licence, offering a stress-free, supported service.

We are here to support you in managing all aspects of your duties to the Home Office. We experts in assessing correct strategies to use when applying for a sponsor licence and acting on your behalf in dealing with the Home Office.

How can we help you?

We will provide instrumental and tailored support to your organization. We can advise and assist companies in the following:


  • preparing and obtaining a Sponsor Licence from the UKVI;
  • checking and preparing immigration files and HR compliance for immigration audit for the UKVI;
  • in-depth assessment of your sponsor licence duties
  • providing ongoing compliance checks to help you stay focused on the duties you need to manage in support of your sponsor licence.
  • explain complex and sometimes contradictory Home Office policy clearly and concisely and with your business in mind.
  • drafting and issuing Certificates of Sponsorship for potential employees;
  • obtaining a tier 2 (general or intra company transfer) visa for potential employees either using the UKVI’s one day premium service or by post;
  • advising and assisting in obtaining entry clearance from a Diplomatic post overseas for potential employees.

Contact us on 020 337 11033 or at info@imin4u.com to find out how we can partner with you and remove the immigration-related burdens from your business.

Ongoing compliance checks

By offering compliance checks before an application we can ensure that you never lose touch with the duties you need to manage in support of your sponsor licence. Then we provide you with an ongoing – not one-off – service to help you keep on track of your obligations and up to date with all the changes and information you need to know about.

Sponsor Licence Renewal

If your sponsor licence is coming to the end of its four-year validity period, we can submit renewals on your behalf, liaise with the Home Office and ensure your company keeps ahead of all the necessary compliance duties and the process entails.

How can we help?

As standard, Imin4U offers our corporate clients these services:

  • We provide profile to prepare compliance audits and spot checks by the Home Office with your company. This ensures compliance officers are acting within their permitted remit and we assist with answering queries.
  • As and when there are any changes to sponsored migrants conditions we can report as needed to the Home Office
  • We assess your current situation and report any updates to the Home Office
  • We act as a Level 1 user of the system, which permits us to prepare and assign certificates of sponsorship on your behalf.
Ongoing services for corporate clients

We recognise that as an employer, you have many obligations to your employees, of which immigration forms just one aspect. We work to remove all immigration-related burdens from your workload, providing tailored immigration compliance packages to your organisation at a fixed rate. These include compliance packs, new starter checks and in-house training.

Compliance packs

When we have helped you complete a Tier 2 application, we send a compliance pack to the relevant HR Officer. This complete pack of documents includes all the appropriate certificates of sponsorship and relevant documents. We like to make it easy, so the package also contains a list of the documents you need to keep up to date to remain Home Office compliant.

New starter checks

New employees need to provide you with proof of their ability to work in the UK. The documents that you may accept to prove this, and to exempt you from any monetary fines, are limited and the way that you should check these are detailed.

We provide simple, error-free new starter checks that are compliant with all Right to Work guidelines.

To prevent sponsors and employers like you from receiving a fine from the Home Office, we can:

  • assist you with induction processes
  • ensure that correct documents are being checked
  • advise you on how they should be retained.

In-house training

Our team of trainers provide specific training to your HR requirements to act as a reminder of your duties and obligations. You can find out more on our Training page.